So here I am, living in limbo but reminding myself that it is okay not to be okay. But I at least have to try to be, consciously and continuously. Life does not stop for anyone, I say to myself, and so I should keep breathing and moving. There may be moments of apnea, a couple of rocks and puddles strewn along the way, but I will survive. Give me time and I know I will eventually be alright.
For now, I begin with trying to embrace my passions once again, little by little letting go of all the fear and hurt and anxiety that are pulling me down. I tread my medical school today wearing my new pair of flats, guiding my baby steps to making peace with my heart and mind tinged with the happy colors and patterns that I have always filled my life with.

No comments:
Post a Comment