![]() |
| Psalm: 46:10 - "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth." |
Today. Today is a new day.
Today, I will appreciate the world better. The birds chirping in the morning to wake me up lovingly, the black coffee full of warmth that is waiting for me on the dining table, my parents who are my living inspirations and for whom I offer my hard work, the voice of Taylor Swift and every beat that goes with it as I pull up with an extra crunch or jump an extra jack, even the construction blasting on the background reminding me that the world is so alive if you live it to the fullest--everything will now be experienced with larger, more sensitive senses, with a healthier and more expansive embrace of life, with a deeper, more meaningful devotion to the beauty of everyday. No minute should be wasted. No moment should be spent without meaning.
Today, I will appreciate the world better. The birds chirping in the morning to wake me up lovingly, the black coffee full of warmth that is waiting for me on the dining table, my parents who are my living inspirations and for whom I offer my hard work, the voice of Taylor Swift and every beat that goes with it as I pull up with an extra crunch or jump an extra jack, even the construction blasting on the background reminding me that the world is so alive if you live it to the fullest--everything will now be experienced with larger, more sensitive senses, with a healthier and more expansive embrace of life, with a deeper, more meaningful devotion to the beauty of everyday. No minute should be wasted. No moment should be spent without meaning.
Today, I will celebrate me, in my solitude. The capacity to sit by myself, silently but not feeling lonely, comfortable and pleasant in the presence of my coffee, donut and the reviewers that need to be read--my tickets to claiming the product of my five years of eyebags, sweat and tears. The courage to go places, sometimes not knowing how or where, but still getting to the destination eventually because I relied on my unkeen sense of direction but moreso, on my constant pursuit to go forward nonetheless. The strength to conquer the daily stress and fear of what is on the other end of 43 days thereafter, battling the persistent ghosts with my stronger faith, perseverance and belief in myself and my dreams. The acceptance that things are just beyond my control, and that my heart and head cannot communicate with each other and that is okay for now because time is essential in finding yourself and making decisions and taking plunges, especially in things we truly value in our lives. The confidence to face the world again with the smile that has always been the symbol of how I tread my life, with my chin up, eyes looking on, soles steady and in place, heart still and content and at peace.
Today, I will embrace You more. I may be alone physically, but in all other ways and universes, I know You have never left my side. And with that thought, with the invisible but encompassing power of your hug, I know that I'll be fine. You are with me, and for me that is more than enough.
Today, life goes on, but lighter and brighter.
Today, life goes on, but lighter and brighter.
***
P.S. I missed writing. It looks like this online journal will now be more alive than ever from here on. Pen up, pen down, pen on and on.

No comments:
Post a Comment